Friday, October 10, 2008

So far the show has been a great success and surprisingly this has been the most popular image. I've always liked this image but I do prefer some of the other ones. I think the framing lines and sky, the glowing railway ties, the beautiful light, and the fact that this image is less of a portrait and more of a landscape, all help the viewer get into it and enjoy it.

I am so thankful that so many friends and strangers have been kind enough to write about and announce the show in their different venues. Aislinn Leggett has a behind the scenes "Why am I marrying him?" image here and wrote about the project here. Alexi Hobbs from The Montreal State of Mind wrote about it here, and the lovely Joanna Goddard from the big NYC wrote about it here. Lastly Stacey Dewolf wrote a little piece about the show for The Mirror here.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kate,

    I couldn't find the gallery, I have no clue why. Anyway, I'm leaving Montreal tomorrow so I won't be able to visit the exhibit, although I wanted to check out your work as I've been reading your blog for probably almost a year now.

    Good luck! This is my fav. image btw:

    http://mtblog.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2008/10/09/1009-why-am-marrying-him-kate_sm.jpg

    Always inspired by your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible that you couldn't find the gallery. (It's on St Catherine street, between Place des Arts and McGill metro stations, on the 4th floor of the Belgo building). I'm sorry that you missed it and thanks for your support!
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the space and loved it. Very glad I made the trip down to see it. Its a very interesting and entertaining series. Your subject has many sides to him that I really liked seeing. I'm also a daily reader of your blog. Keep it up.
    -Simon

    ReplyDelete